Posted By Cliff Tuttle | August 5, 2012
I received a follow today from the Time Millionaire, a consultant who teaches people how to use time more effectively. Here are some time tips that she discusses on a free mp3 you can download from time millionaire.com. The comments are mine.
TIME MILLIONAIRE’s TIPS TO CREATE EXTRA TIME.
1. Stop whining.
A real time-waster if ever there was one. You gain nothing. You lose time.
2. Limit email checking.
She suggests every two or 3 hours will be enough for office workers.
3. Work out emotions once per week, not by calling friends, co-workers, etc.
She suggests a therapist or a journal.
4. Positive emotions make time, negative ones waste time.
There is no payoff to going around feeling mad or frustrated. Feel gratitude, feel free.
5. Quit multitasking. — do one thing at a time.
Its a myth that multitasking people get more done. Focused people do.
6. Dump something that you hate to do.
7. Delegate something.
Tough when you work alone. So hire somebody to cut the grass. Then use the time to read something worth it.
8. Use morning hours for hardest stuff. Get trouble out of the way.
Maybe the best advice of all. The earlier the better.
9. Recharge by getting some exercise during the day.
A short walk will do it. Relieves the fatigue in the muscles in the lower back, hips, legs. It also gives you time to think about what to do next.
THANKS, TIME MILLIONAIRE!
| Post a Comment